The team at the Office of Sustainability is dedicated to making sure your green office champions have the tools and resources they need to advance office sustainability and gain more points on the Green Office Checklist.
To receive tips on greening your office, make sure to subscribe to the program’s monthly newsletter!
If you are not finding what you are looking for, be sure to follow the links in the Green Office Checklist for resources that directly correspond to points. You can also send requests or recommendations for new resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduction to the Green Office Program (PPT)
- Green Office Checklist
- Guide to Earning More Points! (PDF, PPT)
- Innovation Points Resource (PDF)
- Email Template for Green Office Reps (DOCX)
- Coffee Purchasing Guide (grounds and machines)
- Battery Purchasing and Disposal Guide (PDF)
- Recycling Poster
- Hanging Landfill Bin Policy (PDF)
- Office of Sustainability Catered Meal Policy (PDF)
- Bike Share Program Instructions (PDF)
- Mac how-to guide for double-sided printing (PDF)
- Windows how-to guide for double-sided printing (PDF)
- Space Heater Policy (PDF)
- Impacts of Styrofoam (PDF)
- Light Bulb Guide (PDF)
- Adding a Link to the Office of Sustainability to Your Website (PDF)
- Paper Purchasing and Print Vendor Selection Guide (PDF)
- Sustainable Purchasing with Office Essentials (PDF)
- Toner and Ink Recycling (PDF)
- Incorporating Wellness into the Workplace
- Guide for Employees: the go-to guide for WashU sustainability as it relates to employees. A great resource to share with offices starting the Green Office program or employees new to the university.
- Request Green Office Materials and Educational Signage
- Office Supply Exchange: Free re-circulation of office supplies and computer peripherals
- Washington University’s Environmental Purchasing Policy
- Washington University’s Environmental Purchasing Overview and Resources
- Green Glossary of Sustainability
- Surplus Property: An online forum for the exchange of goods between WU departments (for sale/free/wanted). Find office supplies, furniture, equipment and more!
- Responsible Equipment Disposal: Donations, recycling, and appropriate disposal
- Take the Green Monday Pledge: Eat vegetarian one day a week to decrease your carbon footprint
- Alternative Transportation Resources
- Event Greening at WashU: Secure a waste station and go Zero Waste for your next event!
- Less is More toolkit
- Vacation Power-Down Checklist: Share with your office mates before winter break.