WashU’s Green Office program is a point-based, self-assessment checklist that enables offices to evaluate their current practices and set goals to be more sustainable moving forward. Congratulations to recent participants:
- Office of Central Services & Mail Receiving
- Office of Access Control
- School of Medicine’s FMD Supply Room
- Office of Student Technology Services
- Habif Health and Wellness Center
- Danforth Campus Department of Music
- Brown School Service Center
- Art and Architecture Library
- Ronald Rettner Earth & Planetary Science Library
- Office of the College of Arts and Sciences
In addition to achieving points for sustainable practices in the categories of energy, waste, documents, purchasing, transportation, and awareness, many of these offices received points for innovative practices. For example, the Office of the College of Arts and Sciences earned points for having a designated office member collecting compost and for planning a “Going Green this Halloween” party to increase involvement in the certification process with office members.
To learn more about the Green Offices program and start the certification process, click here. Newly certified and re-certified offices who complete certification in 2016 will be recognized at the first annual Green Carpet Awards, a lunch to honor program participants.