Are you interested to enhance your student leadership skills while fostering a sustainability culture on campus? Apply to be a team leader for the 2017-18 Washington University Green Ambassador (WUGA) program!
The Office of Sustainability launched the Green Ambassador program in 2013, and it transitioned to being a student-managed program in 2015. Under the guidance of Student Directors, WUGAs volunteer across residence halls, dining facilities, and at large events to help first-year students with waste sorting and to provide sustainability resources. Each WUGA is assigned to a residential college floor to further facilitate the transition for new students. WUGAs also work on one of several teams.This year’s Student Directors are looking for four team leaders: Energy Usage and Efficiency, Food and Dining, Waste Reduction, and Alternative Transportation.
Responsibilities of the Team Leaders include:
- Working with the Student Directors to lead the WUGA program
- Acting as a resource for WUGAs and the general student body
- Developing plans and setting goals with designated team for the year
- Leading teams to achieve goals
- Coordinating meeting times, when necessary, with team
- Attending the retreat (date TBD, the week before the start of fall semester classes)
- Meeting with the Student Directors to plan for the summer/fall semester
Applications are due February 28. To learn more and apply, click here.