Wondering what to do with your old or unworkable holiday lights? You can recycle them! The annual Holiday Lights Recycling Drive returns to Washington University this winter. The drive runs December 18 through January 31. A holiday tradition, the WashU community brings in hundreds of pounds of holiday lights to responsibly recycle – let’s do it again this year!
Collection bins can be found in the following locations:
- School of Medicine Campus:
- McDonnell Pediatric Research building
- BJCIH lobby
- Clinical Sciences Research Building/BJCIH link
- FLTC atrium
- 4444 Forest Park lobby
- Taylor Avenue Building lobby
- McDonnell Science lobby
- Mid Campus Center link by SLCH, Duncan or Metro garage(s)
- Clayton/Taylor parking garage
- Couch Building lobby
- Danforth Campus:
- Office of Sustainability (Schnuck Pavilion, 2nd floor lobby)
- Public Affairs Office (3rd floor of the 276 North Skinker Building, above Kaldis)
Please remove light strands from bags and boxes and place them loose directly into the bins.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more information and other tips on lowering your impact this holiday season. Celebrate the spirit of the season while being mindful of your environmental footprint!