Since it was founded in 2001, the Missouri Gateway Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council works hard on creating and restoring buildings and communities that will regenerate and sustain the health and vitality of all life within a generation.
Consistently honored as one of the top USGBC chapters in the nation, the USGBC-Missouri Gateway successes is the result of the combined efforts of volunteers and staff.
This spring, the USGBC Missouri Gateway Chapter is offering a variety of opportunities for students to get involved:
- The Green Shadow Mentoring program connects current students and recent graduates with professionals in the green building industry for an information interview, half day shadow, or one day shadow. The application deadline for the Spring 2020 semester is February 15. Interested students can learn more on the website or by downloading this flier. The application is simple although the more information the student can provide, the better they can be matched with a professional in a field in which they are interested.
- On Thursday, February 20, USGBC MO Chapter will be hosting a Happy Hour for higher education students and emerging professionals at the Post in Maplewood. This is an opportunity for students and recent graduates to network and learn what the U.S. Green Building Council has to offer.
- On Saturday, March 21, we invite higher education students and emerging professionals to join the North Newstead Association for a Community Garden Workday. We will be preparing beds in a neighborhood park for spring plantings.
- Any full-time student can attend our Monthly Evening Programs free of charge. Monthly Evening Programs are held 5:30 to 7:30 pm on the second Tuesday of each month (January – October) in locations around the St. Louis Metro area. Programs include:
- February 11 | 5:30-7:30 pm – Reversing Global Warming through Material Specification
- March 10 | 5:30-7:30 pm – Charlotte’s Transition to a Circular Economy
- Student membership in the U.S. Green Building Council – Missouri Gateway Chapter gives students access to full member benefits for only $25 annually. Benefits include free or discounted attendance to all of our educational and social programming, access to members-only networking opportunities, like our Member Socials, and eligibility to connect with fellow members through our volunteer opportunities.
- The USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter Speakers Bureau is available for presentations on a wide variety of green building and sustainability topics.