Since it was founded in 2001, the Missouri Gateway Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council works hard on creating and restoring buildings and communities that will regenerate and sustain the health and vitality of all life within a generation.
Consistently honored as one of the top USGBC chapters in the nation, the USGBC-Missouri Gateway successes is the result of the combined efforts of volunteers and staff.
This fall, the USGBC Missouri Gateway Chapter is offering a variety of opportunities for students to get involved:
- The Chapter is currently accepting applications for our Education & Communication internship – interested applicants can learn more here.
- The Green Shadow program connects current students and recent graduates with professionals in the green building industry for an informational interview, half day shadow, or one day shadow. The application deadline for the Fall semester is September 15, 2018.
- The national U.S. Green Building Council’s annual conference Greenbuild will be held in Chicago, November 14-16. Full time students between 18 and 25 years of age are eligible to volunteer at the conference. Volunteer receive free entry to the conference, but must cover their own travel, lodging and food costs. Full details and volunteer registration are available online here.
- Any full-time student can attend the Monthly Evening Programs free of charge. Monthly Evening Programs are held 5:30 to 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of each month (January – October) in locations around the St. Louis Metro area. Programs during the fall of 2018 include:
- Student membership in the U.S. Green Building Council – Missouri Gateway Chapter gives students access to full member benefits for only $25 annually. Benefits include free or discounted attendance to all of our educational and social programming, access to members-only networking opportunities, like our New Member Welcome Events, and eligibility to connect with fellow members through our volunteer opportunities.
- The USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter Speakers Bureau is available for presentations on a wide variety of green building and sustainability topics.