The idea of the Washington University Climate Change Program (WUCCP) was born of an InCEES initiative called “Topics of Conversation.” Established in 2011, it is designed as a series of discussion groups drawing together faculty and disparate disciplines, administrators and community colleagues to address shared areas of opportunity. Early conversation groups addressed climate change and building for the future of our cities. The two groups came together to help launch WUCCP. The specific goals of the program are to connect and effectively inform a global network of institutions, scholars, practitioners and citizens to address significant climate related challenges.
For more information about WUCCP click here.
The Associate will participate in Office of Sustainability and school-wide professional development opportunities throughout the summer, and will be exposed to a broad range of projects through the Office of Sustainability and other departments and research groups on campus. This is a full-time 37.5 hour, 8-10 week paid position with a flexible June start date. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; application review begins February 15th. The Associate may have the opportunity to continue the role part-time in the fall semester. (position filled)
- Basic knowledge of and passion for climate issues
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally and confidently with University faculty and staff
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Interest in research or outreach and education
- Understanding or experience with WUSTL climate research initiatives
- Experience in program management and event planning
- Experience in website development and construction
Submit an Application