Join the Operations & Facilities Management Department, in partnership with the Office of Sustainability, for a FREE bike tune up! The bike tune up will take place on the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy Quad, in tandem with the School of Medicine Farmers Market.
The free bike tune-ups will be performed by Vanimal, a mobile bike shop that provides repair services for every kind of bike. This locally operated company has creatively managed to fit a whole repair station in the back of a van! Within these few cubic meters, Francesca DeRanzo, owner and operator of Vanimal, performs repairs and shares basic maintenance tips that will extend the life of your bike and increase safety.
* Free Tune-Ups Rules:
- Bike tune-ups are provided to WashU faculty, staff, and students only.
- Please check in sustainability table (look for people wearing the sustainability shirt!)
- There are 25 spots for the free tune-ups. We cannot guarantee service for bikes brought after 1:30p or after the 25nd slot is full. Bikes will generally be served on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, priority will be given to those who have filled out this sign up form.
- Free tune-ups cover basic maintenance only; bike owners may purchase parts on site or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- You will be able to leave your bike for repair and receive a text when it is ready for pick up. In the mean time, visit the farmers’ market!
- All bikes must be picked up by 2:00pm when the event ends. Bike tune up staff do not take responsibility for bikes left after 2:00pm.