Wondering what to do with your old or unworkable holiday lights? You can recycle them! The annual Holiday Lights Recycling Drive returns to Washington University this winter. The drive runs December 5, 2022 through February 1, 2023. A holiday tradition, the WashU community brings in hundreds of pounds of holiday lights to responsibly recycle – let’s do it again this year!
Collection bins can be found in the following locations:
- School of Medicine Campus:
- McDonnell Pediatric Research building
- BJCIH lobby
- Clinical Sciences Research Building/BJCIH link
- FLTC atrium
- 4444 Forest Park lobby
- Taylor Avenue Building lobby
- McDonnell Science lobby
- Mid Campus Center link by SLCH, Duncan or Metro garage(s)
- Couch Building lobby
- Clayton/Taylor parking garage (Drive-up drop-off: The collection tote is just inside the pedestrian garage entrance on the north side of the garage. If you enter the garage and leave within 30 min, you won’t be charged for parking.) Click here to view a map.
- Danforth Campus:
- East End Garage/Schnuck Pavilion (Drive-up drop-off: enter garage and take ticket. Two collection totes are between the entry doors to Schnuck Pavilion on parking level 1. If you leave within 10 minutes of pulling a garage ticket, you won’t be charged for parking.) Download directions to the Schnuck Pavilion here. For walk-up drop off, you can go through Schnuck Pavilion or garage entrances and find the bins downstairs from the Cafe.
- Millbrook break room (enter from Millbrook Parking Garage; check in at the reception desk for directions!)
Please place light strands in bags or boxes before placing into the bins.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. Click here for more information and other tips on lowering your impact this holiday season. Celebrate the spirit of the season while being mindful of your environmental footprint!