Join the Office of Sustainability and Parking & Transportation Services for a free & spooky tune-up day on Friday, October 30 from 8:30am to 5pm.
Due to Covid-19 all attendees must wear a mask and respect social distancing guidelines. Registration for this event is required but we ask that you read the entire description of the event before registering.
At the Free & Spooky Tune-Up Day, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Get a free bike tune-up and meet Francesca DeRanzo, owner and operator of mobile bike shop Velofix. *See below for the tune-up rules.
- Pick up free bike bells, lights, maps, and guides.
- Special spooky perk: show up in costume and receive a free bamboo cutlery set or a LED light bulb! This perk is available to everyone, whether you register for a tune-up or not.
Free Tune-Ups Rules. Please review the full list before registering.
- Attendees must register via a form AND schedule a tune-up time via our Signup Genius prior to the day of the event. We will be able to accommodate up to 25 bikes but will create a waitlist for spring events in case we can’t meet the demand this time around.
- Tune up services are only available to WashU employees, students, and basic service contractor employees.
- Each attendee can only bring one bike to the tune-up, and select one time spot.
- Your bike must be registered prior to receiving a tune-up. If you haven’t already, register now at Project529.com/washu to record important details about you and your bike. Make sure to include a correct mailing address so you can receive your registration sticker promptly and complete your registration. Email email@example.com for any question on bike registration.
- Free tune-ups last for 15/20 minutes per bike and cover basic maintenance only. Bike owners may purchase parts on site (tubes, brake cables, etc.) or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- Please plan to stay with your bike for the duration of the tune up. Arrive 10 minutes early if possible and allow for 20 minutes after the start of your appointment time. We will do our best to stay on schedule, but expect everyone to be flexible in case we experience some delays.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can open up the spot to someone on the wait list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with TUNE UP in the subject line in case you can no longer make the event.
- All attendees must wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced.
Register to receive a free tune-up
Please follow the two steps below if you want to receive a free tune-up for your bike:
- Register by filling out this form.
- Schedule a time for your tune-up. Spots are available between 8:30 and 4:45p but the number of spots is limited. If all spots are full or if you can’t make it that day but are still interested in future tune-up events, please fill out the registration form to be added to the waitlist.
In the case of severe weather, the fair may be postponed. Any last minute update will be posted on this page.