**Update: Despite the rain and storm, we’ve decided to still have the fair today. It seems like the weather is clearing up now, but there’s a chance that the storm will return around 2pm. If that’s the case, we’ll stop the fair at 1pm.
Join the Office of Sustainability and Parking and Transportation Services in the Edison Courtyard in front of the Danforth University Center Tuesday, June 26 from 11am-2pm for a free Bike Tune-up and Commuter Resource Fair! Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Get a free bike tune-up provided by Velofix. *See below for the free tune-up rules.
- Free pedal-powered smoothies from the famous Smoothie Bike
- Learn about organizations advancing alternative transportation in St. Louis such as Trailnet, Citizens for Modern Transit, and RideFinders
- Register your bike with WUPD and purchase a discounted U-Lock
- Learn more about the commuter support programs offered by Parking and Transportation Services
- Get acquainted with the University’s self-service Fixit Stations
- Pick up free bike bells, lights, maps, and guides
- Discover how your office can become a Green Office and gain points for each employee that utilizes Alternative Transportation
* Free Tune-Ups Rules:
- Please sign up for a tune-up at the check in sustainability tent (look for people wearing the sustainability shirt!)
- Due to limited spots for the free tune-ups, bikes will only be checked in on a first-come, first-serve basis until 1:30p or up to 22 bikes. We cannot guarantee service for bikes brought after 1:30p or after the 22th slot is full.
- Free tune-ups cover basic maintenance only; bike owners may purchase parts on site or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- You will be able to leave your bike for repair and receive a text when it is ready for pick up. In the mean time, visit with vendors, enjoy a free smoothie, or grab lunch.
- Bikes must be registered with WUPD to receive a free bike tune-up. Registration will be available on-site or can be completed prior to the event here.
In the case of inclement weather, the fair may be postponed. Check out the Facebook event page for last-minute updates.
If you’d like to receive an email reminder the day prior to the event, please fill out this form!