Join the Office of Sustainability and friends in the Edison Courtyard in front of the Danforth University Center Wednesday, August 1st from 11am-2pm for a free Bike Tune-up and Commuter Resource Fair!
– A Commuter Fair featuring the New Bike Share Program –
WashU is partnering with the dockless bike share company Lime to provide a flexible, inexpensive and green way to get around campus. Starting soon, Lime will provide more than two dozen bikes daily to the Danforth Campus, with another seven each at North and West Campuses, offering WashU students, faculty and staff a new way to travel.
On August 1st, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the upcoming WashU bike share program, in partnership with LimeBike, to try out pedal bikes and electric scooters, get guided through the mobile app, and meet LimeBike representatives in person!
– Returning Attractions and New Vendors –
- Get a free bike tune-up provided by Velofix. *See below for the free tune-up rules.
- Make and drink a pedal-powered smoothie from the famous Smoothie Bike!
- Learn about how Great Rivers Greenway is advancing alternative transportation in the St. Louis region.
- Find out about ways to improve your personal health with WashU’s own Wellness Connection department.
- Pick up free bike bells, lights, maps, and guides.
- Discover how your office can become a Green Office and gain points for each employee that utilizes Alternative Transportation.
* Free Tune-Ups Rules:
- Please sign up for a tune-up at the check in sustainability tent (look for people wearing the sustainability shirt!)
- Due to limited spots for the free tune-ups, bikes will only be checked in on a first-come, first-serve basis until 1:30p or up to 22 bikes. We cannot guarantee service for bikes brought after 1:30p or after the 22th slot is full.
- Free tune-ups cover basic maintenance only; bike owners may purchase parts on site or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- You will be able to leave your bike for repair and receive a text when it is ready for pick up. In the mean time, visit with vendors, enjoy a free smoothie, or grab lunch.
- Bikes must be registered with WUPD to receive a free bike tune-up. Registration will be available on-site or can be completed prior to the event here.
In the case of inclement weather, the fair may be postponed. Check out the Facebook event page for last-minute updates.
If you’d like to receive an email reminder the day prior to the event, please fill out this form!
Can’t make it? We will be holding one more Commuter Fair & Bike Tune-Up on the Medical campus on August 9.