Since it was founded in 2001, the Missouri Gateway Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council works hard on creating and restoring buildings and communities that will regenerate and sustain the health and vitality of all life within a generation.
Consistently honored as one of the top USGBC chapters in the nation, the USGBC-Missouri Gateway successes is the result of the combined efforts of volunteers and staff.
This fall, the USGBC Missouri Gateway Chapter is offering a variety of opportunities for students to get involved:
- Any full-time student can attend the Monthly Evening Programs free of charge. Monthly Evening Programs are held 5:30 to 7:30 pm on the second Tuesday of each month (January – October) in locations around the St. Louis Metro area. On October 8, the program will feature a lecture on “Creating a Culture Where Sustainable Practices Are the New Normal“
- Careers in Sustainability Networking Session on Tuesday, October 8 from 5:00 – 5:30 pm, Alberici Headquarters, 8800 Page Ave, St. Louis MO 63114. Register online here – select “Full time student/Emerging Professional” level to attend free of charge. Immediately prior to the October program, a special networking session will take place for students and recent graduates called “Careers in Sustainability.” Join USGBC from 5:00-5:30 pm before the October Program to connect with professionals active in green building and sustainability. Participants will rotate in groups between the professionals to discuss their career path and involvement in sustainability. Full time students and emerging professionals can attend the networking session and program following free of charge. Professionals attending include:
- Annie Smith, Director of Energy Services, Ross & Baruzzini
- Maurice Muia, St. Louis Climate Advisor, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Wanda Kolo, Director of Sustainable Operations & Construction Management, St. Louis Zoo.
- Student membership in the U.S. Green Building Council – Missouri Gateway Chapter gives students access to full member benefits for only $25 annually. Benefits include free or discounted attendance to all of our educational and social programming, access to members-only networking opportunities, like our New Member Welcome Events, and eligibility to connect with fellow members through our volunteer opportunities.
- The USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter Speakers Bureau is available for presentations on a wide variety of green building and sustainability topics.