Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the application in full before filling out the application form. Draft and review a cover letter and resume in a separate document prior to beginning the form.
A cover letter should be 1 page and include the following information:
- Why do you want to join the Office of Sustainability team?
- What specific skills, experience and perspective will you bring to the team?
- Which position you are applying for? If you are interested in multiple open positions, please specify.
- What specific skills, experience and perspective will you bring to the position for which you are applying?
- Why is sustainability important to you, personally and/or professionally?
- If there are relevant skills/experiences/activities that do not appear on your resume or would benefit from further explanation, include mention in your cover letter.
- Cover letters may be addressed to the Office of Sustainability team.
- Let your personality shine through! The cover letter provides the opportunity for your “voice” to come through as you introduce yourself to our team.
A resume should be polished, professional resumes should be tailored to include relevant activities that demonstrate leadership, content familiarity, and interest in the sustainability field. For help developing your resume, visit the Career Center.
After drafting your cover letter and resume, share it with friends, family or other trusted advisers for feedback.
Customized application consultations are available upon request through the Career Center. Contact Patty Katzfey of the Sustainability Interest Group.
To schedule an appointment, try online scheduling by following the directions in this link: https://careercenter.wustl.edu/students/onlinescheduling/
Walk-in hours with Patty are Fridays 1:30pm-3pm in the Career Center, Danforth University Center Suite 110.
The Office of Sustainability (OOS) provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability (etc.). The OOS is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive team with the passion, skills, and knowledge to advance sustainability.