The Green Office Program is a certification system that recognizes sustainability accomplishments and identifies areas for improvement in the work place.
Washington University aims to certify 100 offices by the end of 2017. As of December 6, 2017, we’ve certified 93.
Just 7 shy of the goal, we are challenging all offices to help us close the gap and meet this goal. All offices can qualify: from two-person spaces to fifty-person suites, from administration to academic departments, across all campuses and schools.
Follow the two-step process below to certify. If you have questions or would like to schedule a consultation with a Green Office Associate, email email@example.com. Please see the Green Office webpage for additional resources and details.
- Download and complete the Green Office checklist: Green Office Checklist
- Answer yes, no, or N/A for each item on the seven tabs. You can gather information about office practices and find where you stand now, or you can make changes based on the items in the checklist to boost your score.
- For each item, use the Resource column on the far right to learn more about the action or how you could implement it in your office.
- Leave comments at the bottom of each tab, if necessary. Explain any N/A’s in the comments.
- Once you answer every item on the checklist, your score will autocalculate on the first tab.
- Email the completed checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2017.
Upon certification, you will receive a Green Office icon for your website, two tickets to the February 5 Green Carpet Awards, and a certification plaque to be hung in your office. You’ll also be added to our Green Office newsletter and the university list of certified offices, and you’ll receive invitations to additional Green Office social events.