Graduating seniors and WashU students living in off-campus housing north of Washington University can donate their unwanted goods as they move out this May.
- Schedule a pick up in advance by filling out the form at the bottom of the page. On Saturday, May 20, simply bring your items to the curb and a truck will be by to pick them up between 12p and 2p.
- A Goodwill truck will be stationed at the intersection of University Drive and Melville, near the Academy Building. Stop by during the LYL event to donate your items, big and small: Saturday May 20, 12p – 2p.
- On Saturday May 20, trucks from MERS/Goodwill truck and Quadrangle Housing will be available to pick up curb-side donations in the following areas: Parkview Gardens (north of the Loop), Ames Place/Rosedale Heights (U Drive/Washington Ave), and Skinker DeBaliviere (east of Skinker). Call or text 314-312-3274 between 12p and 2p to request a pick up for larger items (like furniture).
- Students living in off-campus Residential Life housing can leave their donations in the basement of their building or similar area as directed by Res Life at any point during the move-out process.
- If you move out after the LYL event, you can donate your items to area MERS/Goodwill stores at a number of convenient drop-off locations.
For guidelines on what you can donate, click here (no mattresses, box springs or TVs please!). Items for pick up must be brought outside and be placed at ground level.
Lightening Your Load (LYL) is an event that is part of the Share Our Stuff (SOS) is Washington University in St. Louis’s annual move-out donation drive. Each year during on- and off-campus move-out, our campus community is responsible for the disposal of a tremendous amount of usable goods. These goods can be reused by people in need within our campus community and throughout our surrounding neighborhoods. Share Our Stuff is a university-wide effort designed to make it easy for all students to donate their unwanted items at move out in a manner that benefits our community and keeps usable goods out of the landfill.
The time period to schedule a donation pick up has passed. Please call or text 314-312-3274 between 12p and 2p on Saturday May 20. After 2p on Saturday, the drive is finished. Visit https://mersgoodwill.org/donation-centers/ to locate a donation center near you.