The Green Event certification encourages event planners to implement more sustainable practices by providing them with a framework and resources.
The program follows a straight-forward process:
- Event planners attend a workshop or review the online materials before starting event planning. Review and adapt the Green Event Planning Checklist.
- STUDENTS ONLY: Request a consult from Student Sustainability Board for your event. The Office of Sustainability can also provide support for green event planning.
- Complete the Green Event Certification Application to submit your event for certification.
- The Office of Sustainability will review your submission and may contacts you for clarifications and suggestions before your event.
- If your event meets the minimum point requirements, you will receive the Green Event Certification seal and ready-to-go language to help you promote your efforts in advance of the event.
- Event goes off without a hitch!
- Report back – how did you do? What would you like to do differently in the future?
Please contact us as soon as you decide to pursue certification. The earlier you can start planning with a “green lens” the better! (A minimum of 2 weeks is required for certification approval.)