Waste sorting is a dynamic and evolving practice, with changes in the market, materials and technology influencing what is in the waste stream and how the materials should be sorted properly for maximum diversion from the landfill. Ready-to-go materials below can be downloaded and printed for updating signage in your living, learning and work spaces. *Current as of March 2018 Print and post All materials below are formatted for printing on 8.5 x 11 paper
- New Waste Sorting Guidelines Poster: Bring attention to new sorting guidelines and highlight the most common materials that are placed in the wrong container.
- Office Sorting Guide: 2-Stream (poster): Print and post in settings where recycling is available (2-stream system).
- Office Sorting Guide, 3-stream (poster): Print and post in settings where both recycling and composting are available (3-stream system).
- DIY Container Labels, 2-stream: Update your container signs with these easy-to-print labels (recycling only)
- DIY Container Labels, 3-stream: Update your container signs with these easy-to-print labels (recycling and compost)
Additional sizes are available upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Spread the word!
- Become a Recycling Genius: Recycling Geniuses help the campus community understand what materials go where in fun and interactive settings. Register to receive alerts when training opportunities are scheduled.
- Invite a Recycling Genius to provide a presentation for your office or organization: Contact Cassie Hage (email@example.com) to schedule.
- Give a presentation about the new guidelines using our ready-to-go presentation.
- Join the Green Office Program: Get your office certified as a green office while decreasing your environmental impact and saving resources.
- Pass along the link to this page for easy downloads and printing!
Confused? Visit our FAQ page to learn more about what goes where and why. You can always contact the Office of Sustainability for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).