In addition to celebrating the Green Office Program, the annual Green Carpet Awards ceremony recognizes recipients of the Sustainability Leadership Awards. Nominated by their peers, the awardees consist of both individual people and projects who exemplify leadership in a range of areas of sustainability. To view the list of past honorees and read their inspiring stories, visit this webpage.
The nominations for the 2018 Sustainability Leadership Awards are currently open and will close December 15. To nominate an individual, a team or a project, fill the form below after reviewing the selection criteria. Up to five awards will be granted across selected priority areas.
Recipients of the awards will be recognized during the Green Carpet Awards ceremony, which will take place on the Danforth campus this coming February. Stay tuned for more details on the specific date and location.
- Students – Individuals or Groups
- Faculty & Staff – Individuals or Teams (employees of Basic Service Contractors are also eligible)
- Projects, Initiatives, or Research
- Waste Minimization and Diversion
- Energy Conservation and Green House Gas Emissions Reduction
- Social and Environmental Justice
- Alternative Transportation
- A “general” category allows for nominations in other areas
- Impact—significant measured or projected results
- Visionary—paves the way for a sustainable future; redefines norms; questions the status quo
- Alignment—initiative aligns with the goals and objectives outlined in the Strategic Plan for Sustainable Operations and advances progress towards the goals or completes/applies specific strategies
- Innovation/Creativity—utilized new techniques, perspectives, or technology to develop a sustainable solution
- Replicable—can be implemented across campus; can continue to be implemented without direct input from inventor
- Collaboration/Partnerships—engaged stakeholders across campus, departments, schools and/or the broader community to achieve a greater impact
- Education/Engagement/Culture Change—contributed to the academic or co-curricular education of the campus by providing new information and expanding overall awareness or inspiring/enabling behavior change
Nominations will be accepted through midnight on December 15.