On this Wellness Day, engage in some well-deserved bike-care!
Due to Covid-19 all attendees must wear a mask and respect social distancing guidelines. Registration for this event is required but we ask that you read the entire description of the event before registering.
We strongly encourage registering your bike with Project 529. Those registered receive early access to upcoming tune-ups. For more information about biking on campus, please visit this page.
At the Wellness Bike Tune-Up, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Get a free bike tune-up and meet mechanics from Big Shark. This is a basic tune-up and safety check. See below for the tune-up rules.
- Pick up free bike bells, maps, and guides.
Bike Tune-Up Rules. Please review the full list before registering.
- Attendees must register AND schedule a tune-up time. We will e-mail you the time slot sign-up form after we receive your registration. Once we reach capacity, we will contact you and place you on a waitlist for summer and fall tune-ups in case we can’t meet the demand this time around.
- Tune-up services are only available to WashU employees, students, and basic service contractor employees.
- Each attendee can only bring one bike to the tune-up.
- Your bike must be registered prior to receiving a tune-up. If you haven’t already, register now to record important details about you and your bike. We will have your registration sticker ready for you at the event.
- Free tune-ups last for 15-20 minutes per bike and cover basic maintenance only. Bike owners may purchase parts on site (tubes, brake cables, etc.) or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- Please plan to stay with your bike for the duration of the tune-up. Arrive 10 minutes early if possible and allow for 20 minutes after the start of your appointment time. We will do our best to stay on schedule, but request everyone to be flexible in case we experience some delays.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can open up the spot to someone on the wait list. Email email@example.com with TUNE UP in the subject line in case you can no longer make the event.
- All attendees must wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced.
- See a map of the tune-up location.
Please sign up for a tune-up using the link above. Please keep in mind that spots are limited. We will email you the link to the appointment time sign-up form once we receive your registration.
In the case of severe weather, the event may be canceled. Any last minute update will be posted on this page.