Drop Off Donations
Students can drop off anything from the list of acceptable items during a scheduled collection event, between 9 am and 3 pm: May 11, 16, 17, 26, 30 and June 26. The collection event will be held at North Campus (700 Rosedale Ave.); signage will direct you to the drop-off site.
Request a Donation/Disposal Pick Up
Students can schedule a pick-up of large items (furniture, mattresses, etc.) on select collection dates: May 16, 17, 26, 30 and June 26. The scheduling form for collection events will only be active until 2 days prior to the event, or until pick-up slots are full.
A small fee is charged for donation and disposal pick ups. The fee offsets a portion of the expense of moving and disposal services and varies based on proximity to campus and concentration of WashU-owned properties in the area. Accepted materials are listed below – items outside of the parameters will not be picked up and remain the responsibility of the student.
*NOTE: If you have furniture that should be thrown away and you have access to a nearby large dumpster provided by your landlord, please use it! Otherwise, we can assist in responsible disposal (rather than overloading the residential alley dumpsters).
Pick-Up Service Areas:
- Parkview Gardens (north of Loop), Ames Place/Rosedale Heights (U Drive/Washington Avenue), Skinker-DeBaliviere, and DeBaliviere Place (between Skinker and Union) – $15
- Forsyth – $20
- Demun, Moorelands, and Brentwood – $30
See map for service area and neighborhood names.
If not within the service area, you can bring items to North Campus during a collection event or by appointment for donation or disposal. See below for details.
- Large furniture, mattresses & electronics – indicate if broken or appropriate for reuse
- Small household items – working condition only
- Clean clothing, shoes, and linens in reusable condition only
- Unopened, nonperishable food
- Office & art supplies
- Small appliances and electronics, including computers and computer accessories – indicate if broken or reusable. Keep all pieces together.
- Cleaning supplies & equipment — please bag any open supplies. Only items appropriate for reuse (ie YES: brooms, vacuums; NO: toilet bowl brushes, dirty sponges and rags)
- Unopened toiletries, new reusable or disposable masks; liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer can be open–please bag to prevent leaking
- Bikes can be donated by contacting email@example.com
Except where noted, donation items should be clean and in working order. Bag and tape or secure hardware or removable parts, remotes, etc. to larger items. Box or bag donations carefully and seal well to assist with transit. Label box or bag with “SOS DONATION.”