Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: Olin Circle Drive
Join the Operations & Facilities Management Department, in partnership with the Office of Sustainability, for a FREE bike tune up Thursday, September 15 from 10am – 2pm!
Alternative transportation – which includes biking, walking, and public transit – combines the benefits of having a low impact on the environment, saving you time and money, while keeping you healthy!
The free bike tune-ups will be performed by Vanimal, a mobile bike shop that provides repair services for every kind of bike. This locally operated company has creatively managed to fit a whole repair station in the back of a van! Within these few cubic meters, Francesca DeRanzo, owner and operator of Vanimal, performs repairs and shares basic maintenance tips that will extend the life of your bike and increase safety.
* Free Tune-Ups Rules:
- Bike tune-ups are provided to WashU faculty, staff, and students only.
- Please check in at the sustainability table (look for people wearing the sustainability shirt!)
- There are 25 spots for the free tune-ups.
- We cannot guarantee service for bikes brought after 1:30p or after the 25nd slot is full. Bikes will generally be served on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, priority will be given to those who have filled out this sign up form.
- Free tune-ups cover basic maintenance only; bike owners may purchase parts on site or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- You will be able to leave your bike for repair and receive a text when it is ready for pick up. In the mean time, visit the farmers’ market!
- All bikes must be picked up by 2:00pm when the event ends. Bike tune up staff do not take responsibility for bikes left after 2:00pm.