To support the use of active transportation, Parking & Transportation and the Office of Sustainability are hosting two free bike tune-ups this summer:
|Free Bike Tune-up Date||Time||Location|
|Wednesday, July 13, 2022||11 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Edison Courtyard|
outside of the DUC
Tune-ups are first-come, first-served. You may drop off your bike into the queue if there is still availability. We will stop accepting bikes once we reach capacity or at 1:45 pm (whichever comes first).
In the case of inclement weather, the event may be postponed. Any last-minute updates will be posted on this page.
There will be additional free bike tune-ups and many other transportation events throughout April & October as part of WashU’s Active Transportation Month. All upcoming sustainable transportation events will be posted on the Smart Commute page.
Important Event Details
Please review before attending.
- Tune-up services are only available to Danforth faculty, staff, students, and basic service contractors with registered bikes.
- Register your bike before the tune-up to save time standing in line.
- Each attendee may only bring one bike to the tune-up due to limited availability.
- Please pick up your bike by 2 p.m. and do not leave any valuables on your bike. We cannot be responsible for stolen bikes and/or bike parts.
Scope of Service
- Free tune-ups can last from 10-20 minutes per bike and cover basic maintenance only.
- Some replacement parts may be available for purchase at the event via credit card only (tubes, brake cables, etc.). Due to high demand for bikes and bike parts, your specific part may not be readily available at the event
- If your bike requires repairs outside the scope of the tune-up and/or needs an unavailable bike part, you will be referred to a repair shop.
Questions or Comments
- Becca Gilberg
Parking & Transportation’s Sustainable Transportation Coordinator
- Aamna Anwer
Office of Sustainability’s Sustainability Coordinator