Join the Office of Sustainability and Parking & Transportation Services this fall for two bike tune-ups and registration drives.
The first event will be held on Friday September 27 from 11am to 2pm and the second event will be held on Tuesday October 8 from 1:30pm to 4:30pm, both in the Edison Courtyard outside of the Danforth University Center. At the event, you will get the chance to:
- Register your bike with WashU’s new registration system through Project 529 national registry;
- Get a free bike tune-up provided by Big Shark (see below for the free tune-up rules).
- Enjoy free pedal-powered smoothies from the famous Smoothie Bike;
- Learn more about the commuter support programs offered by Parking and Transportation Services;
- Pick up free bike lights, maps, and guides;
- Get acquainted with the University’s self-service Fixit Stations.
* Free Tune-Up Rules:
- Please sign up for a tune-up at the sustainability tent (look for people wearing the sustainability shirt!)
- All bikes receiving a tune-up must be registered with WashU’s new registration system through Project 529. You can complete your registration at the event. If you already have filled out the form, we will provide you with your registration shield at the event.
- Due to limited spots for the free tune-ups, bikes will only be checked in on a first-come, first-serve basis until 1:30 pm or up to 40 bikes. We cannot guarantee service for bikes brought after 1:30 pm or after the 40th slot is full.
- Free tune-ups cover basic maintenance only; bike owners may purchase parts on-site, or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- You will be able to leave your bike for repair and receive a text when it is ready for pick up.
In the case of inclement weather, the fair may be postponed to October 4th, during the same time slot. Any last-minute update will be posted on this page.
If you’d like to receive an email reminder the day prior to the event, please fill out this form!