The beloved bike tune-up series returns this spring! This is a great opportunity to not only get important service for a safer ride (for free), but also to learn essential maintenance tips to keep your bike running better for longer.
To accommodate the growing demand of free tune-ups from WashU bikers, the Office of Sustainability and Parking & Transportation Services will be hosting not two, but THREE tune-ups on the Danforth campus this semester!
The first event will be held on Monday, March 23 from 11a – 2p, the second event will be held on Wednesday, March 25 from 12p – 3p, and the third event will be held on Tuesday, April 7 from 10a – 1p. All will take place in the Edison Courtyard outside of the Danforth University Center.
At the event, you will get the chance to:
- Register your bike with WashU’s new registration system through Project 529 national registry (note: if you already filled the online registration but have not yet received a sticker, you will have the chance to get your sticker at this event)
- Receive a free bike tune-up provided by Big Shark (see below for the free tune-up rules)
- Learn more about the commuter support programs offered by Parking and Transportation Services, including the recently launched WashU Rides
- Pick up free safety gears including bike lights, bells, and reflectors
- Get a discounted Kryptonite U-lock from WUPD for $25
- Signup for a $15 helmet from Bears Bikes
- Get acquainted with the University’s self-service Fixit Stations
- Enjoy free pedal-powered smoothies from the famous Smoothie Bike.
* Free Tune-Up Rules:
- Please sign up for a tune-up at the sustainability tent (look for people wearing the sustainability shirt!)
- All bikes receiving a tune-up must be registered with WashU’s new registration system through Project 529. You can complete your registration at the event. If you already have filled out the form, we will provide you with your registration shield at the event.
- Due to limited spots for the free tune-ups, bikes will only be checked in on a first-come, first-serve basis until 30 minutes before the end of the event, or up to 40 bikes. We cannot guarantee service for bikes brought after the 40th slot is full or within 30 minutes of the events end.
- Free tune-ups cover basic maintenance only; bike owners may purchase parts on-site, or will be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up.
- You will be able to leave your bike for repair and receive a text when it is ready for pick up.
This event has been postponed until further notice.
If you’d like to receive an email reminder the day prior to the event, please fill out this form!