The ILSI Research Foundation, together with Monsanto Company, Soil Health Partnership, Washington University in St. Louis, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research, Howard G. Buffett Foundation and the United States Department of Agriculture, are organizing a two-day workshop in October focusing on developing research targets for supporting agricultural goals that: support achievement of USDA’s “building blocks” for climate smart agriculture; integrate existing US Midwest field research networks for climate adaptation; and develop a research agenda to achieve a “carbon-neutral” agri-food system in the US through a focus on soil carbon and soil health, including validation of soil carbon protocols. The workshop will cover several topics including:
- C-Quest: The Climate Research Challenge for Agriculture
- USDA’s Building Blocks for Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Integrating US Midwest Field Research Networks for Climate Adaptation
- Achieving a “Carbon-Neutral” Agri-Food System through Soil Health
- Private Sector Perspective on the Urgency of the Climate Research Challenge for Agriculture
The registration price is $75.
For more information, visit their website.