Join the Office of Sustainability and Parking and Transportation Services in front of the Danforth University Center Friday, July 14 from 11am-2pm for a free Bike Tune-up and Commuter Resource Fair!
New Additions to the July Commuter Resource Fair:
- Browse and purchase bike commuter gear from our local Alpine Shop
- Register your bike with WUPD and purchase a discounted U-Lock
- Receive a consultation for a customized, multi-modal commuting plan from WashU’s own Alternative Transportation Coordinator
- Have a free bike tune-up* by Francesca DeRanzo, owner and operator of our local Velofix mobile bike shop
- Free pedal-powered smoothies from the Smoothie Bike
- Try out one of the front-mounted bike racks equipped on all Metro Buses
- Learn more about the commuter support programs offered by Parking and Transportation Services
- Get acquainted with the University’s self-service Fixit Stations
- Pick up free bike bells, maps, and guides
- Learn about how your office can become a Green Office and gain points for each employee that utilizes Alternative Transportation
- Did you give up your parking permit this year? Are you a regular Alt Trans commuter? We have a free t-shirt for you! Receive your gift at the check-in tent.
We will be ready to talk about tips for ensuring you have a safe and comfortable active commute! If you would like to receive an email reminder the day of the event, please fill out this form. To learn more about Velofix, go to https://www.velofix.com/.
Can’t make it? We will be holding one more Bike Tune-up and Commuter Resource Fair this summer on August 10.
*Due to limited slots for tune-ups, free tune-ups are available first-come, first-serve for WashU employees. Tune-ups cover basic maintenance only; bike owners may be referred to a bike shop if repair needs do not fit within the scope of the basic tune-up. New format for repair scheduling: leave your bike for repair and receive a text when it is ready for pick up. In the mean time, visit with vendors, enjoy a smoothie from the smoothie bike, or grab lunch. Bikes will only be checked in for tune ups until 1:30p or up to 18 bikes. We cannot guarantee service for bikes brought after 1:30 or after the 18th slot is full.