In a continued effort to support Washington University’s institutional commitment to sustainability, WUSM Facilities Custodial Services is making a limited number of hanging waste baskets available to WUSM campus offices on a trial basis.
Custodial Services representatives will introduce the hanging waste baskets at the next Sustainability Action Team (SAT) meeting, which takes place March 22, 11:30-1p, in the King Center. These convenient waste baskets attach to standard desk side recycle bins. SAT meeting attendees will be among the first to have the chance to receive one of the baskets to put in their office area.
The benefits of exchanging your desk side waste basket for a hanging waste basket include:
- Smaller waste bins encourage people to waste less and recycle and/or compost more.
- Lightweight for easy portability
- Rounded edges make it easy to clean
- Lid improves waste diversion and overall look
- Waste basket is compact and conveniently attaches to your desk side recycling bin
- Can be used as a small organics container
Your commitment to sustainability in receiving a hanging waste basket:
- Turn in your desk side waste basket in exchange for a hanging basket
- Empty your hanging basket into the central waste container in your area as needed
- Periodically wash out your hanging basket to help prevent pest attraction
To receive a hanging waste basket for your office, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.