We are serious about meeting our goal of 100 Certified Green Offices by December 31, 2017. There are a number of ways that we have made it very appealing for you to help – whether that’s recruiting other offices to participate, getting your office on board for the first time, or coordinating the re-certification of your office.
We know you are motivated, but you are busy. Let’s help you prioritizing spending a bit of time on this effort!
Incentives for early certification/re-certification
Submit your checklist by the deadlines below and you will be entered into raffles for each incentive prize period that follows. Submission dates: May 1, August 15, November 15
What could you win? One office will be selected in each incentive period; winners can choose from a menu of items that best suits their office:
- An office bike
- A green celebration for the office (up to a $100 value): lunch, breakfast, snacks or happy hour from a Green Dining Alliance-certified restaurant
- Outfit your office (up to a $100 value): upgrade an energy efficient appliance, switch to LED bulbs, stock the kitchen with reusable dishware, or get a year’s worth of recycled-content copy paper
- Choose your own reward! (up to a $100 value): We are open to suggestions to support your office’s green growth. Let us know your ideas that will come to fruition with some additional support!
- Individuals who make at least five referrals will receive a bamboo cutlery set or a Sustainability t-shirt (recruiting = personal, compelling introductory email ccing the Green Office Associates)
- The person who recruits the most offices to complete checklists will be recognized by the Chancellor at the Green Carpet Awards
- Offices will receive 1 point on their checklist for recruiting 1 or more offices (recruiting = personal, compelling introductory email ccing the Green Office Associates)
All Green Office Receive:
- Tickets for two representatives from the office to attend the Green Carpet Awards in January
- A 2017 tile (and plaque if a new certification)
- Recognition in the newsletter and website upon certification/re-certification
- Green Office Seal can be used on your website and print materials
- Special recognition at Green Carpet Awards for the following:
- Offices that advance a certification level
- Office that have been in the program for the most continuous years
Previous Incentive Prize Recipients:
The Office of Jewish, Islamic, and Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, certified at the Silver level by Jo Ann Achelpohl and Stephen Scordias
The Office of Public Affairs, certified at the Silver level by Kurt Mueller and Tom Malkowicz